Re: [Duplicity-talk] symmetric key, or public gpg key?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] symmetric key, or public gpg key?
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 21:23:02 +0200

Just tried it ... and here are the results and the used script.. created a 2048bit key with a 24char password which was also used for the symmetric encryption. Looks like keys are slightly faster in encrypting, decrypting seems comparable. Repeated runs had similar results. The difference is marginal considered a test object of over 256Megs.

RESULTS:

address@hidden:~> ./gpg_test.sh
524288+0 Datensätze ein
524288+0 Datensätze aus
268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 5,29084 seconds, 50,7 MB/s

enc with key

real    0m12.396s
user    0m10.982s
sys     0m1.096s