[Duplicity-talk] Backing up certain folders not working?

From: Benjamin Dell
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Backing up certain folders not working?
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:45:32 +0100

A bit of a noob question here, so apologies in advance. I have around 8 folders / files in my include list. All but one of these works. The one that doesnt is /var/mail - i.e. i want to backup the entire mail directory, and sub directory. Looking at the logs though, the backed-up file size is just 4k... am i doing something wrong, or is there a reason why it wont backup these files?

Just to add a bit more meat to the bone, this is on a centos box, where dovecot and postfix are used for mail servers. Only thing i can think of is that the bulk of the files (and this sub-folders) in /var/mail use dot syntax, thus usually hidden. Could this be the reason?

Thanks in advance :)

Benjamin Dell
Director
Raw Jam Ltd