[Duplicity-talk] Backing up to older backup chains?

From: Gabriel Ambuehl
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Backing up to older backup chains?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:58:35 +0200

Dear List

I was recently pondering whether it would not be smart to allow incremental
backups to be added to older chains as well. That way, you could efficiently
maintain multiple chains of backups in case one of them gets corrupted. Only
thing this really needs would be to assign something like names to the backup
chains and be able to select which one you want to use. Or even give an option
to always use two or three?

I know it would be easy to do with different directories as backup targets but
that's sort of besides the point if you are going to support multiple backups
in the same dir, isn't it?

Cheers,
Gabriel