Re: [Duplicity-talk] Listing archive

From: Darryl Moore
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Listing archive
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 09:13:49 -0400

I've definitely confirmed this bahaviour.

I'm using Duplicity 0.6.04 from the Ubuntu Jaunty repository.

I had two sets of incremental backups previously which I could run the
following commands on:

duplicity list-current-files -t 2009-10-01T15:11:00
scp://address@hidden/ubn.local/el-grande

duplicity list-current-files -t 2009-10-01T15:11:01
scp://address@hidden/ubn.local/el-grande

(note the slight difference in time which correspond to separate
incremental backups) each command would return some of the file names
with different time stamps like so:

Thu Oct  1 15:17:46 2009
home/darryl/tuxit/scripts/scripts/install/backup_client

Thu Oct  1 16:10:58 2009
home/darryl/tuxit/scripts/scripts/install/backup_client

after running a full backup this morning, both commands then only return
the following

Fri Oct  2 08:14:47 2009
home/darryl/tuxit/scripts/scripts/install/backup_client

It would appear, at least with the 'list-current-files' command, that
data prior to the most recent full backup is inaccessible. I do not yet
know if this is also the case with the 'restore' command. I will have to
do some investigation to find out.

Has anybody else experienced this?

cheers,
darryl