Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity bug report: crash if the system date is w

From: Maurizio Vitale
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity bug report: crash if the system date is wrong
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:59:26 -0400

I don't think so, but I'll find the log and send it to you (which I should have done in the first place, laziness...)

Maurizio Vitale

Polymath Solutions
309 Denniston Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15206

T +1.412.453.5606
M address@hidden
W www.polymath-solutions.com

On Mar 12, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Kenneth Loafman wrote:

Maurizio Vitale wrote:
I don't seem to be getting the registration confirmation from Savannah,
hence cannot properly report bugs.
Hope mailing here works as a temporary substitute.

When starting a backup or a restore on a system where the date is very
wrong (w.r.t to the system containing
the backup) results in duplicity crashing with a stack dump. The logs
contain enough information to quickly
find and fix the problem, but it would be nice if duplicity exited
cleanly with an error message.

Is this related to the S3 restore problem you're having?

...Ken