Re: [Duplicity-talk] Windows alternative to duplicity

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Windows alternative to duplicity
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:28:24 -0600

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) wrote:
> On August 5, 2008 06:13:42 pm Jesper Lund wrote:
>> Another thing to remember on cygwin is to use another timeseparator than
>> the default one, since : is not allowed in Windows filenames. It took me
>> a couple of hours to figure this out when I started using duplicity..
>
> Does that mean you have duplicity working on Win32?  Do you have a cheat
> sheet
> someone of lessor Windows experience could follow?

Duplicity works under cygwin under Win32.  There's no real cheat sheet
for it since the install is the same as for Linux once you have cygwin
up and running.  If you have specific questions about cygwin and
duplicity, then this is the correct forum.

There are no plans for a direct Win32 port at this point, however, I'm
sure it could be done now that most of the tools duplicity needs have
been ported to Windows.

...Ken