[Duplicity-talk] globbing not woring for me

From: Gerhard Häring
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] globbing not woring for me
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:35:36 +0100

I don't get the globbing filters - I wasted at least two hours already,
so maybe someone can explain to me how (or if?!) they work.

Here's a test setup:

# some random files to test the backup
address@hidden:~/tmp/test$ find .
.
./a
./a/gh.txt
./a/x.py
./c
./c/x.py
./c/x.txt
./b
./b/x.py
./dup
./list.txt

# the backup script
address@hidden:~/tmp/test$ cat dup
rm -rf ../dupout
duplicity  --include-globbing-filelist list.txt /home/ghaering/tmp/test
file:///home/ghaering/tmp/dupout

Most important, here are the filters:

address@hidden:~/tmp/test$ cat list.txt
/home/ghaering/tmp/test/
+ /home/ghaering/tmp/test/a/
+ /home/ghaering/tmp/test/b/
- **

I run dup. Then:

# let's see what duplicity did
address@hidden:~/tmp$ rm -rf xxx ; duplicity
file:///home/ghaering/tmp/dupout xxx ; find xxx
xxx
xxx/a
xxx/a/gh.txt
xxx/a/x.py
xxx/c
xxx/c/x.py
xxx/c/x.txt
xxx/b
xxx/b/x.py
xxx/dup
xxx/list.txt

So, in spite of me telling it to only backup the "a" and "b"
directories, and please to ignore everything else, the "c" directory,
the "dup" and "list.txt" files are backed up as well.

What's going on here, and how can I achieve what I want?

TIA

-- Gerhard