Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.02 Ready

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.5.02 Ready
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:42:08 -0400

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:43:19 -0500
Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:

> The gmail IMAP backup has only been tested by the author, so try it out
> and let us know how it goes so we can fix it.

I'd like to bring this to your attention, however:

"As always, keep in mind that what you're doing may violate Gmail's ToS, so you
may want to register a seperate dummy account."
<http://lifehacker.com/software/gmail/store-files-with-gmail-file-space-141833.php>
 (2005)

"My suggestion is to NOT use anything that will allow you to use GMail for file
storage since that violates the GMail TOS.  If you really need online file
storage, I would suggest using a service that is meant for that."
<http://groups.google.md/group/Gmail-Users/msg/96ebcd0b7429147c> (2008)

I checked the Terms of Service just now, though, and I don't see any hints of
invalid use beyond the usual copyrighted or explicit material warnings.

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now___and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?