[Duplicity-talk] New Release Almost Ready

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] New Release Almost Ready
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 07:21:13 -0500

Besides the normal bug fixes and tweaks, there have been two major
changes to the code base by Peter Schuller:

  1) backend code reorganization
     https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6596

  2) Concurrency for volume encryption and upload.
     https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?6353

All of the tests I have run work quite well with this patch in place and
activated (SSH, FTP, rsync, S3, Webdav).  All of the source has been
released to CVS.  If there are no more changes to be made, and if
everyone else is satisfied, I will release the new version as 0.5 on
Saturday, the 6th.

As far as I know, the only backend not tested is the HSI backend.  None
of use have access to such a beast, so if you do, please test it soon.

...Ken