Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.4.9, OS X Leopard -- Amazon S3 & Caught

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity 0.4.9, OS X Leopard -- Amazon S3 & Caught a socket error
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 14:49:42 -0500

On Feb 7, 2008 1:27 PM, Dustin Brewer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here is what I just tried:
>
>     * Removed my macports /opt directory so that my macports-installed
> python, duplicity and libs were gone.
>     * Installed Duplicity's python-library-dependencies via easy_install
>      * Downloaded Duplicity, attempted to install it, and it failed
> compiling librsync
>     * Download/compiled/installed librsync separately
>     * Attempted to install Duplicity, and it worked.
>     * -- Crossed my fingers --
>      * I ran my s3 backup script and .... *it worked* HURRAY!
>
> It should also be noted that if I reinstall duplicity via macports and run
> my backup with /opt/local/bin/duplicity  it will fails, while
> /usr/local/bin/duplicity continues to work just fine.

I'm the MacPorts maintainer of py-boto/py25-boto and duplicity so I'm
concerned that the MacPorts installation didn't work for you whilst
installing everything manually worked.  Unfortunately I don't have an
S3 account so can't test uploading to S3 with duplicity but it
definately looks like there's a problem with the MacPorts
installation.

Do you have the py25-socket-ssl port installed?  If not could you try
installing that and trying again?

Cheers

Adam