Re: [Duplicity-talk] Continuing an interrupted backup.

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Continuing an interrupted backup.
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:53:26 -0500

Mark Price wrote:
> What happens when a backup is interrupted/fails part way through?
>
> I was running a fairly large (7.3GB) backup yesterday from a remote ssh
> session, the ssh session died sometime over night. This was an initial,
> full, backup but had only completed 5GB when the ssh session crapped out
> for whatever reason.
>
> If I kick off another backup with the "full" option will it continue
> where it left off or will it start from scratch? Should I kick off an
> "incremental" instead?
>
> Basically what is the recover process here to end up with a full, and
> intact backup set?

Sorry, there is no recovery process.  What you will need to do is run:

    $ duplicity --cleanup --force target_url

to clean up the target directory, then rerun the full backup.  I would
also suggest using 'screen' to allow you to disconnect and/or allow the
ssh session to disconnect without disturbing the backup task.

...Ken