Re: [Duplicity-talk] @ in username for ftp account

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] @ in username for ftp account
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:57:57 -0500

Julien wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm just starting to use duplicity. My backup ftp host has only
> "address@hidden" username. Neither ftp://"address@hidden"@domain.com/ nor
> ftp://address@hidden@domain.com does work. Ncftp always ends up trying to
> user "user" as username and address@hidden as login server. Any advice?
> Thank,
> Julien

That's not a normal username.  Duplicity is the part that separates the
URL into user and server portions.  We need to find out if ncftp will
take it in any form.  Just try these to see if ncftp will work:

        ncftpls ftp://address@hidden@domain.com/
        ncftpls ftp://address@hidden@domain.com/
        ncftpls ftp://"address@hidden"@domain.com/
        ncftpls -u address@hidden ftp://domain.com/

If it works for any of the first 3 then a fix to duplicity is in order
to correct the parsing in this case.  If it only works on the fourth
one, then I'll need to add special handling for this form.

...Ken