[Duplicity-talk] Checksums of fileparts on the remoteserver

From: Dennis Schulz
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Checksums of fileparts on the remoteserver
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:04:57 +0200

Hey Duplicity-Community!

Does Duplicity check the integrity of the backup-archive-filepart transferred to a server on remote? If not I would consider using MD5 or SHA1. For some FTP-Server you can use extensions to make such functions available. For ProFTPd you can find it somewhere on smartftp.com.

I've often seen buggy-transfers so I won't bank on correctness. Checksums could help.

So.. can duplicity do that?

Greets Dennis