[Duplicity-talk] Backend for Amazon S3

From: Eric Evans
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Backend for Amazon S3
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:36:19 -0500

I filed a bug[1] for this a couple of days ago, but thought it might
warrant a post here in case others are interested in testing.

The current duplicity backend for S3 uses the bitbucket module from
Mitch Garnaat which has been deprecated in favor of boto[2].

I've worked up a patch for a boto-using-backend which is attached to the
bug report and this email. Use of this backend is identical to the
current one with one exception, you need to export the AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
and AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY environment variables with your Amazon key id
and secret as opposed to the current S3KEY/S3SECRET combo.

I'm also working to get boto into the Debian archive and currently have a
package waiting in the NEW queue. Any Debian users interested in testing
this patch can grab the package using the following sources.

deb http://people.debian.org/~eevans/python-boto binary/
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~eevans/python-boto source/

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards,