Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC8 Ready for Test

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC8 Ready for Test
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:15:23 -0500

Thomas Tuttle wrote:
On 6/27/07, Kenneth Loafman <address@hidden> wrote:
Bug 20039 - Andreas Schildbach: --and--
Patch 6030 - Alexander Zangerl <address@hidden>:
Duplicity now uses bzip2 for compression.  This matches the way
the Debian distribution handles it.  I'll think about adding an
option to override later, if its needed.

Will this work in conjunction with GPG, or is it for unencrypted
backups?  I'm sure I'd get smaller backup sizes with bzip2 than GPG's
compression (zlib, I think).

Yes, its for use with GPG, not unencrypted.

...Ken