Re: [Duplicity-talk] slowness+ ftp timeouts with 0.4.3-rc1

From: Nicolas Aspert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] slowness+ ftp timeouts with 0.4.3-rc1
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:40:04 +0200

Kenneth Loafman wrote:

> I'll have a fix out later today.  When the remote system drops the
> connection, we need to quit and reconnect, not just reconnect.

sounds great !

> The timeout goes up with every retry of the error, but resets once the
> error is resolved, so that should not be a problem.

That is not how duplicity seems to behave. It keeps increasing the
interval between retries without taking into account whether the retry
has been successful or not (at least that is what is seems to me). Which
might be the root of evil in my case.

Anyway, I can give a try to a new version/patch tomorrow (but not on
june 1st as a full backup is scheduled, and I do not want this one to be
screwed :) )

regards
Nicolas