Re: [Duplicity-talk] PASSPHRASE, the environment, memory, etc.

From: Neal Clark
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] PASSPHRASE, the environment, memory, etc.
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:46:24 -0700

Jay,

That is exactly what i would want to do, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've only played around with duplicity for a few days, and my experience with pgp doesn't go any further than sending encrypted e- mails, basically. How can I do that given the syntax of duplicity? Cause when I run like.. --list-keys vs. --list-secret-keys, I get the same key id for my public/private key:

pub   1024D/22D10EAD 2007-04-12
sub   4096g/16D24883 2007-04-12

sec   1024D/22D10EAD 2007-04-12
ssb   4096g/16D24883 2007-04-12

so I'm not sure how I could specify the --encrypt option to say "use the public key and not the private key and don't ask me for a password." Do I do something on the gpg end, changing the public key's ID somehow or something to that effect (c/f above, only experienced with encrypting e-mails :)

- -Neal

- --
public key: http://thrownproject.com/8C02CC33.asc