Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error when running as a daily job

From: Nikos Papagrigoriou
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error when running as a daily job
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:46:57 +0300

On 6/30/06, Michael Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jun 7, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Michael Johnson wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2006, at 3:59 PM, Tom Finnigan wrote:
>
>> I have a duplicity backup set up to run nightly.
>> I'm using OSX 10.4, Python 2.3.5 , and duplicity built from source
>> 0.4.2.
>>
>> My problem is that when I su to root and run the script from a
>> terminal, everything works fine.
>> However, it doesn't run at night.  Checking my logs, here is the
>> stack trace:
>
> You have the exact problem I'm seeing on my RHEL boxes.  I have to
> run this stuff by hand for now until it gets fixed.  Sadly, the
> developer says he doesn't know why the problem is there.  You can
> try this patch:
>
> <http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/duplicity/duplicity/
> collections.py?
> root=duplicity&r1= 1.10&r2=1.11&makepatch=1&diff_format=u>
>
> It didn't work for me and I still run them by hand.  I really need
> a fix for this soon.  I'm looking for a different solution in the
> mean time.

It was suggested to me that I try the CVS version of the
application.  I finally got around to doing that, and now have this
problem:

Fatal Error: Neither remote nor local manifest readable.

Again, when I run this by hand, it works fine using the very same
binary (CVS).

-Michael

What is the command?

Are you using encryption? Try without encryption first.

--
Nikos Papagrigoriou
* personal email: address@hidden