[Duplicity-talk] imap_upload.py

From: Nick Austin
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] imap_upload.py
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:43:49 -0700

I don't know if anybody here has heard about AOL's new IMAP accessible 2Gig
webmail offering, if not you can read more about it here:
http://www.aim.com/aim_mail.adp

Anyway, I thought this would be a great way to store duplicity backups that
you want to get offsite. To this end, I wrote the following script:

http://smartaustin.com/~nick/imap_upload_public.py

Example use:

duplicity -v4 --encrypt-key xxxxxxxx --sign-key xxxxxxxx \
/path/to/files file:///var/backup/duplicity_output

python ~/src/imap_upload.py -d /var/backup/duplicity_output/ AIMUsrName \
 imap.aim.com backups

If you don't want to have to type in your IMAP password everytime, you can
change line 515 to say something like:

imap_connection.IMAPConnect(imap_mailbox, 'password')

You can then drop that in a script and be happy, imap_upload will not upload
duplicates.

Thanks!