dtas-all

Re: Line wrapping in YAML output

From: James Rowe
Subject: Re: Line wrapping in YAML output
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 11:37:40 +0100

[Summer break…]

> > * Eric Wong (e@80x24.org) wrote:
> Btw, would you have any thoughts on whether the current implementation
> language being Ruby has a positive or negative effect on adoption?  Or
> if Perl might be more appealing as it's already on more systems and
> has faster startup.

  I believe the single biggest thing that could improve adoption would
be a Debian/Fedora package, preferably an official one.  I know the lack
of a system package was an annoyance for a few people I’ve spoken to
about dtas.  Needing to care about implementation language *somewhat*
disappears when an install is just a apt or dnf call, and the
integration extras such as service management makes life nicer.

  I get that packaging is a lot of work(and not always possible via
official channels), but I’m just putting it out there.

Thanks,

James