dtas-all

Re: Effects that change duration of a track

From: James Rowe
Subject: Re: Effects that change duration of a track
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 16:49:49 +0000

* Eric Wong (address@hidden) wrote:
> [Great explanation]

  Okay, thanks for the detailed explanation.  I hadn’t considered the
issues that deeply.

  FWIW, I’ve opted for a cheap hack that Works For Me™ with the simple
modifiers like tempo.  Simply calculating the current time as the
``track_length * (current_offset/current_expect)``, and displaying it
with a dzen2¹ widget.

> Another solution would be similar to what we do for trim/volume
> ReplayGain and expose a parameter/effect which dtas itself will
> use to inject "tempo" into the effects chain.  It covers the
> majority of cases like yours, I think; but doesn't cover effects
> like "splice" or "vad"

  I’ll note that it doesn’t concern me enough to write the patch myself,
so I’m clearly not that stressed by it.

Thanks,

James

1. https://github.com/robm/dzen