dtas-all

SOX_OPTS gone?

From: Rene Maurer
Subject: SOX_OPTS gone?
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 15:19:15 +0100

Hello

I have used SOX_OPTS for a long time in the source to add some
effects. For example: dtas-ctl source ed sox env.SOX_OPTS="sinc -850".

I can see this with dtas-sourceedit sox:

,----
| ---
| command: exec sox "$INFILE" $SOXFMT - $TRIMFX $RGFX
| env:
|   SOX_OPTS: sinc -850
| tryorder: 0
`----

As $SOX_OPTS is (no longer?) in <command:> the sinc effect in the given
example is not applied. An a old installation dtas-sourceedit sox gives
me:

,----
| ---
| command: exec sox "$INFILE" $SOXFMT - $TRIMFX $RGFX $SOX_OPTS
| env: !!omap
| -  SOX_OPTS: sinc -850
| tryorder: 0
`----

When I add $SOX_OPTS to <command:> the effect works as expected.

What is the (new) recommended way to add an effect to the
source. dtas-sourceedit isn't an option for me as normally I only use
<dtas-ctl source ed>.

Regards, René