dtas-all

Fwd: Ruby 2.3.0 Released

From: Eric Wong
Subject: Fwd: Ruby 2.3.0 Released
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 22:21:33 +0000

As you may have noticed, some of the recent changes in dtas 0.12.x
(and coming in 0.13) will take advantage of new features found
in Ruby 2.3

ref: http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/72477

dtas 0.12.x uses some of the new non-blocking I/O features in Ruby 2.3;
but gracefully degrades to older, less-efficient I/O in older Rubies.

dtas.git also enables frozen_string_literal.

These changes are all intended to reduce GC pressure, hopefully reducing
buffer underruns for people using small buffers (for low-latency) and/or
use overloaded systems.