dtas-all

player updates in dtas.git

From: Eric Wong
Subject: player updates in dtas.git
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 08:15:44 +0000

Just pushed out a bunch of commits for cleanups and optimize away some
extraneous select() calls for Linux splice() users with multiple active
sinks.

This should hopefully reduce the chance of skipping when multiple sinks
are used simultaneously without resorting to bigger buffers (which
increases latency) or needing to use real-time/high-priority scheduling
(which requires extra permissions).

Also, Ruby 2.1.0 is out and I'm using it with dtas.
I'll probably push out 0.0.7 this weekend.

Eric Wong (9):
      INSTALL: update for 0.6.0 release
      splitfx: support --no-dither/-D option
      buffer/read_write: broadcast_one must be non-blocking
      client_handler: style: prefer terser &:method form
      buffer/splice: favor &:method for blocks
      unix_server: remove unnecessary begin block
      buffer/read_write: style and minor cleanup
      merge some select calls for splice users
      player: optimize away some more select calls

* git clone git://80x24.org/dtas

Unfortunately I'm sidelined by other projects, so audio-editing work
(splitfx et. al.) is stalled, but at least music playback is working
great :)