drm-elimination-crew

Re: [Drm-elimination-crew] Improve answer about watermarking?

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [Drm-elimination-crew] Improve answer about watermarking?
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 01:58:45 +0100

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 16:56:34 -0500
John Sullivan <address@hidden> wrote:
[Me suggesting some ways to improve it]
> Yes, that would be helpful. Want to take a stab at adding some of this
> info directly to the wiki?
The issue is that I'm not very familiar with the practicalities of
DRM[1], and even less with watermarking.

The consequence of that is that I don't know many examples where they
are used in a way that is even worse than what is described in the
campaigns.

So, here, I cannot tell if there are cases where watermarking is used
like in the Red Star OS example I gave before.

If it was the case, it should be mentioned, because free software
would not be able to enforce that behavior.

I guess that promoting free software here would not be an issue, even
if that campaign is strictly about DRM.