dr-geo

[Dr. Geo] Please explain difference between Smalltalk Sketches and DrGeo

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Dr. Geo] Please explain difference between Smalltalk Sketches and DrGeo Sketches
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 20:46:51 +0200 (CEST)

I am just begining with DrGeo and I am experimenting a bit with the system.

I like the DrGeo new example sketches and also the Smalltalk sketches in the
SmalltalkSketchBrowser

Apparently - and this was not clear to me - there seems to be a difference
between DrGeo sketches in the resources/sketches directory those are in .fgeo
XML format and .png format and the resources/SmalltalkSketches which seem to be
in .st format.

For example if I open DrGeo new and then try to open sketches Examples, I can
see nice examples like Carré, Point de Fermat,, Cercle Droite d'Euler and many
others.

My impression is that those examples are in the resources/sketches directory
and they seem to be in .fgeo XML format.

On the other hand if I open the DrGSmalltalkEditor and save some code in
MySketches this saves in a different folder called MySmalltalkSketches.

So this is a little bit confusing because I was assuming that the folder
MySketches was used for "MySketches" but it is actually a different folder
called MySmalltalkSketches.

Is there a relation between the DrGSmalltalkEditor and the DrGeo window please
? Or are those two different methods of creating skecthes (one in .Fgeo format
and the other one in .st format ) ?

Thanks !
David Stes