dr-geo

Re: [Dr. Geo] Include bitmaps in sketches

From: Rafael Luque
Subject: Re: [Dr. Geo] Include bitmaps in sketches
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 07:05:43 +0100

I've managed to open an sketch with an astrophoto with the following code
in a Playground:

| sketch imageMorph bitmapItem |
sketch := DrGeoSketch new.
imageMorph := (Form fromFileNamed: 'sun5.jpg') asMorph.
bitmapItem := (DrGBitmapItem newWith: {(Point x: 0 y: 0)})
    data: (DrGSurfacePaintResource
        forSurfaceProvider: sketch view area
        withData: imageMorph);
    insertAtScale: 1.
sketch domain createFromMathItem: bitmapItem.

To give some context, my intention is to locate the Sun's center given 3
points in the limb (the edge of the Sun's disk) interactively placed by the
user and apply a Smalltalk script to show an Earth image appropriately
scaled.

For the script showing as result a bitmap I'm using the following "compute"
method:

compute
| item width result |
width := self arg1 valueItem * 2.
self app costumes
    detect: [ :aCostume | aCostume mathItem name = 'ScaledEarth' ]
    ifFound: [ :aCostume | self app domain deleteMathItem: aCostume
mathItem. ].
item :=
    (DrGBitmapItem newWith: { self arg1 position + (80@7) })
        data: (DrGSurfacePaintResource
            forSurfaceProvider: self costume drawable
            withData: (self earthForm scaledToSize: width@width));
        insertAtScale: 1;
        name: 'ScaledEarth'.
self app domain createFromMathItem: item.
^ 'Scaled Earth (', width asString, ' px)'

I'm getting an acceptable result like the attached image.

One pending issue is that I'd like to move the Earth image over the Sun's
one, however it is hidden below it. I don't know how to control a kind of
z-order for the DrGBitmapItem objects.

Thank you.

El vie, 29 oct 2021 a las 18:48, Hilaire Fernandes (<hilaire@drgeo.eu>)
escribió:

> Rafael,
>
> Beware I am porting DrGeo to Cuis Smalltalk and I will abandon Pharo.
>
> So Cuis-Smalltalk is where new work is done. If you want to jump in, I
will tell you more details.

> Of course, it is perfectly ok to work on the Pharo version to add the
feature you want. But I will very likely not work anymore on the Pharo
version. you just need to know it.