dr-geo

Re: [Dr-geo] Starting with Kernel

From: .Org.Com
Subject: Re: [Dr-geo] Starting with Kernel
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 00:50:06 +0530

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Gurjot Singh Bhatti
<address@hidden> wrote:

> So to do this sort of work I am trying to split the code for storage
> and processing stuff into a 'Kernel' part.
> And right now I am working on storage of the points drawn.
> How should we store these points in the memory? In an array, vector or
> map container?

I will suggest you to compare benefits and drawbacks of all options.
Propose what you thing best, keeping in mind requirements of Dr. Geo.

> After having these points stored in the memory, we can iterate to
> check whether there is a point under our mouse when trying to draw
> other entities.

This is called "snap to point".  If  a point is found within a
predefined radius (and this radius is configurable) from the current
position of cursor, software will use point which is nearest to
cursor.

--
H.S.Rai
.Org.Com