dr-geo

Re: [Dr-geo] Query regarding Guile

From: Gurjot Singh
Subject: Re: [Dr-geo] Query regarding Guile
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 09:58:41 +0530

On 14 May 2014 18:29, .Org.Com <address@hidden> wrote:
>> What should be a better approach of doing this?
>> #1: Updating to version 1.8 and then shifting to newer version?
>> #2: Or directly upgrading to the latest one?
>
> I suggest to use 2nd option.
>
> As there is no tool which make your upgrade automated. You need to do
> it manually. So there will not be any benefit to do incremental
> update.

Yes, I was searching for such tool but couldn't find anything. Any
software or package that has updated Guile library was done manually.
So I guess using 2nd option, keeping a parallel comparison between
version 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0.x would benefit.

--
Gurjot Singh
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"You gotta get hurt 'cause that's how you'll learn, You gotta try your
hardest no matter how much you'll burn." ~ Scott Singh