[Dotgnu-general] Hello everybody

From: Christian Campos
Subject: [Dotgnu-general] Hello everybody
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:39:18 -0500

Hello guys:

I would like to salute you all and also ask you whether this project is still alive. The thing is I am very interested on DOTGNU, but I have not been able to do any really useful program, since there are important things missing in documentation and also some broken links in the website. I think, if you like, I can help to generate documentation mainly in my native language: Spanish.

Besides, I would like to know what's going on with the development of the project, are you releasing a new major version in the next months? What about Mono libraries? Are you including new versions of these libraries into DOTGNU? Is DOTGNU C# compiler fully compatible with ECMA specification?

Also, I want to know what about legal problems with using of C#, do you really think C# GPL developers and projects will be safe under Microsoft Community Promise? Is DOTGNU project under risk by Microsoft Patents? Is there a way Microsoft could destroy DOTGNU project?

I really I can get an answer from you.

Thanks in advace.