Re: [DotGNU] Portable.NET 0.6.12 released

From: Rainer Groesslinger
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Portable.NET 0.6.12 released
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:45:28 +0100

> Portable.NET 0.6.12 and treecc 0.3.6 have been released:
[snip]

Like always, another great release :)

A few pre-packaged binaries are already finished:
Redhat/Fedora RPMs by Dejan, Mandrake RPMs by Stephen and Gentoo ebuilds
by myself.

Still waiting for DEBs (Andrew?), a DMG for MacOS X (Oscar?) and the
Win32 installer (Maciek?).

But I didn't spot the tarballs on ftp.gnu.org yet, can somebody upload
them there?

I have already written a news item for dotgnu.org, updated the RDF and
improved the download page (new releases are at the top now and not
mixed in between old packages and some old [partly commented] stuff is
now gone, page size is down to 9k from 23k).

I am still waiting before I commit until the files are up on
ftp.gnu.org, though.

Also I am interested in opinions on cutting some news items from the
front page...It's really looong, rather big in size (52k) and a lot of
the links from news older than a few months don't work anymore.
What about moving some stuff to an "archive" page or completly removing
them from the site (we still have cvs history for now ;)

Rainer