RE: [DotGNU]Third-Party C# Frameworks?

From: Blair Jennings
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]Third-Party C# Frameworks?
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:34:45 -0800

There are many third party frameworks for .NET the best known are:
Mono (www.go-mono.com), Rotor
(http://research.microsoft.com/Collaboration/University/Europe/RFP/Rotor/), and
Portable.NET (www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html). Each of these has
its specialty like Mono is a distribution which lives the best in a Gnome
enviroment; Portable.NET is part of the DotGNU project along with DGEE (an app
server) and phpGroupWare. Rotor is the strange one it is licensed only for
research and education (simular to how SUN originally licensed the J2EE
reference edition).

As to other libraries for logging; unit tests; etc. go and do a search on
SourceForge (www.sf.net) for log4net, NUnit / CSUnit, etc.. A lot of the
libraries you find for java have been ported to .NET all you need to do is go
look for them.

Blair