Re: [DotGNU]DGpnetVM environment

From: Les Ferguson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DGpnetVM environment
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:42:07 +1300

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 03:57, Chris Smith wrote:
> Can I ask: "Did your install go smoothly apart from the failures below?"
> How you found the documentation?

Mostly it went smoothly, for somebody with a vague idea what he was doing...
there were a couple of prerequisites that I had not installed, which the
configure processes never checked for, and it was when make fell over that I
found what else was needed.  I shoulda wrote them down;  apache-dev I think
was one, and was it libreadline ?  Easy enuff to work out at the time but I
thought they could have been mentioned in the README.
Also I had to add /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf, don't remember if that was
mentioned in any of the README's.

> I've resolved the linking problem by adding /usr/local/lib/pnet to my
> /etc/ld.so.conf file and then ran /sbin/ldconfig.

That works for me.

> What we need, what we really do need, is some solid take-up of the DGEE by
> people who can see where it helps them to do a job.  Demand drives
> progress.

Well I have a pile of books to catch up on, C#, XSLT among them.  Can't wait
to start slapping some prototype solutions together and see if people take an
interest in them.

Thanx Chris

--
Les Ferguson