Re: [DotGNU]hi all , new member want to help

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]hi all , new member want to help
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:57:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ahmed,

--- ahmed diaa <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am a new member in this mailing list , and i am so
> impressed with the idea and the great effort.
> I have been programming with c# for more than a year
> , i have a good experience with it, so if i can help
> in anyway i will be so glad , hope tp hear from you
> soon.

I suppose you've already seen the mails from Neil
about winforms . But the other peices of dotgnu,
especially the stuff inside System and mscorlib
need work as well. See

http://dotgnu.org/pnetlib-status/

for an idea of what's remaining. For example we
still haven't got the entire networking libs well
and truly tested. An ideal task would be to bang
on it real hard and find a couple of bugs, dig
deeper into whu that's happening and slowly get
used to the design patterns used in pnetlib.

Getting a fundamental idea of how it is built
helps a lot in finding what you are looking for.

Gopal