Re: [DotGNU]A easy to write cross platform GUI package for pnet.

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A easy to write cross platform GUI package for pnet.
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:24:29 +1000

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 05:49 am, jscottb wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I was thinking about putting together a quick little Assembly to get to
> Tcl/Tk with for use by myself and others for *.NET.

Sounds cool.  Go for it.

> Anyway, a co-worker told me at lunch that MS had one in the Rotor code,
> is this true?  I do not have rotor, nor do I plan on getting it to see.
> Ether way, I plan to implement my own interface to libtcl.so and libtk.so
> (or .dll for windows)  If the code is in rotor I do not think I'd be in any
> violation.  Does anyone see a problem with this?

You cannot use the Rotor version directly, of course.  But if you build your
own Tcl/Tk binding from scratch, using your own ingenuity, then there is no
problem.

There is some Tcl/Tk code in Rotor, but it doesn't add up to much more than
600 lines.  It appears to be just a sample and not a full serious binding.
But I'm no Tcl/Tk programmer.  Maybe 600 lines is all you need? :-)