Re: [DotGNU]A design for comment , dfa2c# ?

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A design for comment , dfa2c# ?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 03:12:26 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gopal V wrote:
> %state START
>       : '<'  --> opening_tag
>       | alphanum --> text
>       | '&' --> entity
>       | NONE --> empty
>       | OTHER --> error
>       ;

A first cut program has been placed in
http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/dfagen.tgz

Untar into Portable.net dir , patch < makefiles.patch , ./auto_gen.sh
reconfigure & make

Does generate working code , though beauty wise .. I could do far
better ... And the command line parts segfault when given no params
etc... it's a 3:15 AM status snapshot ... be gentle :-)

It does include a bit of error checking and optimisations ..
like, unconnected nodes are not generated, overlapping transitions
are invalid ..

so

%state X : [a-zA-Z] --> alpha | a --> apple; is illegal

And any inline code between the the %start and the last entry of the
language will be rearranged ... some of the features of the convertor
is hard coded ... at least for now.

All the codegen functions are printf's , so anybody capable of printing
out C# code can hack this ... in short beautify this beast ... :-)

off to sleep now !,
Gopal