Re: [DotGNU]tough bug in System.Xml (or Stream) with Jabber.net

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]tough bug in System.Xml (or Stream) with Jabber.net
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 07:16:44 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Is this really a problem with the stream buffering, or in the Xml reader?  If
> the Xml reader "reads ahead" to fetch the next character before it needs it,
> then the thread will block.  It has to.  The XmlStreamReader code looks
> correct to me - it will fill (or partially fill) the buffer from the stream
> only when it is asked to do so by the caller.

It's a double issue ... first of all DetectByteOrder reads some data
which is however not converted and moved to the outBuffer until the next
ReadChars() call ... So the very first Peek or Read call will result in
a second read being initiated

But I need to have a look at when this lookahead is performed ...

Gopal