Re: [DotGNU]error installing dotgnu (DGEE)

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]error installing dotgnu (DGEE)
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:25:53 +0530

If memory serves me right, Szasz Pal wrote:

Hi , I'm CC'ing the list in the hope that this helps someone else
as well ...

> 1) it couldn't find libgc.so, so I added /usr/local/lib/pnet to
> /etc/ld.so.conf

Bug #1 ... that should be put in QUICKSTART ... that is because we
started out with a shared .so installed from the pnet/libgc directory
which would have been in {prefix}/lib ...

> 2) it faild to compile correctly dgee, expat-devel was not installed

expat-devel is needed for dgee ... after all it's an xml webservice
platform , we can't do without a parser :-)

> 3) it gave an an error that pointers cannot be in case values,
> in dgee-*/smgr/htmlTemplate.c line 371

Curious ...

> But I still cannot test the examples
> I modified the apache's conf file, and I try to access
> http://localhost/stat.dgmx
>
> The response is "Service Temporary Unavailable...", and in
> /var/log/httpd/error_log:
>
> [Wed May 14 14:04:01 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission denied:
> Goldwater Initialisation Failed - Goldwater is not running
>
> I just started goldwater (i started dgeestart, is the same isn't it ?).

You need to run goldwater and apache as the same user ... dgee uses
good old unix IPC for communication with the middleware server (ie goldwater).

All the connections are 0600 in masking out access from other users ..
So you get a "Permission denied"...

Following the quickstart , you might have to do some small things as well..
The apache config directives "User nobody" and "Group nobody" will suit
most people . Dgee user directives are set during compilation as ./configure
parameters (./configure --with-username=<apache's user>
--with-groupname=<apache's group>)...

> I ran dgeeenv.sh from command line, without it dgeestart doesn't even started.

dgeeenv.sh has the defines which is needed for all the DGEE tools depend
upon ... Even installing a dgee webservice needs to run dgeeenv.sh first.

I wonder if Chris would mind including an error message for the cases where
$DGEE_HOME is undef ?

Btw, I just managed to compile and install all the stuff needed to host
a Webservice in my box from DGEE CVS right now ... so it's fairly stable
today :-)

Folks, I would like to see csws2client (ie the automatic C# client generation
tool) advance a bit further ... I haven't been able to work it out yet :-(
I think you should use the URI class instead of inventing your parsing
code ...

Gopal