[DotGNU]DEVELOPERS NEEDED : Xml re-design & refactor ideas ...

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]DEVELOPERS NEEDED : Xml re-design & refactor ideas ...
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 21:41:00 +0530

Hi All,
        I've been playing around with this idea of refactoring pnetlib's
XmlTextReader , but I lack the know how to really tackle xml (I'm not
that up in Xml yet) .. So the plan I had is simple , to take the current
code and do 2 things ...

1) Remove excessive recursion of AnalyzeChar(), currently the recursion is
   a bit too deep. (tail-recursion elimination ?)

2) Split out the function into smaller logical peices for easier debugging
   but still retain it as a switch and single method for better performance.

3) And last but not least can we get some volunteers on the project ?
   (it's all refactoring , which is an easy place to jump in, because we
   have all the peices working already -- for those who like this !)

I would like to automate the generation of a large switch statement from
the general idea , but still maintain it seperately ?. Looks like I need
something that does this like TreeCC does for the %operations ;-)

Anyway currently the priority is to get it working well enough for most
things ...

Gopal