Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU policies

From: minddog
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU policies
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:48:41 -0700

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 07:51, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> > > * All DotGNU webservices must be able to understand eachother.
> > >
> > >   This boils down to using one API that works with multiple protocols
> > > (XML-RPC,
> > > SOAP). It also means sending serialized objects is forbidden (unless
> > > webservices
> > > written in any language can completely understand the objects).
Currently, the server component compliments this idea.  But, keeping
serialized objects forbidden if we haven't written a client library yet
doesn't make sense to me.  I can agree on half of that proposal.

> I think this policy proposal is possibly a bit too strict.  I think
> this should probably remain at the "proposed policy" level until the
> issues are understood better.
Agreed.

If anyone is interested in how the DGEE implements the ideas, look at the
0.3.0 branch in cvs.

regards,
--
--minddog( Adam Ballai )

"I try to take it one day at a time, but several of them attack me at once."
-mistyflip