Re: [DotGNU]Bugs to the list

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Bugs to the list
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:28:14 +0100 (CET)

Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 March 2003 08:34 pm, Norbert Bollow wrote:
>
> > I think mdupont makes an important point... this should be a separate
> > list.
>
> The problem with that is it sort of gets us back to the original
> problem: very few people see the bugs because they don't know where
> to look, and so the level of help drops off.  I was hoping for a
> more "in our faces" approach.
>
> Could we trial sending the bugs to "address@hidden" for a few weeks,
> and then split it off if people start to complain?

I think that's not a wise approach, as many lurkers will unsub rather
than complain.  It's not good to lose lurkers, as they might just be
waiting for a really fascinationg (to them) aspect of DotGNU to come
up.

> Perhaps even create a "address@hidden" for general pnet
> discussion and bugs if it seems worthwhile.

Hmm... let's have a address@hidden list for pnet bug reports and
related discussion.   Then it's up to everyone personally to decide
whether they're interested in pnet bugs or not.

BTW, as part of the DotGNU website revision, I'm planning to replace
the Mailman list subscription/unsubscription pages with a single page
for all lists, that gives for each list a brief rationale (like
"subscribe to this list if you're interested in XXX") as well as
button to subscribe or unsubscribe.

I hope that'll help resolve the "don't know where to look" problem.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/
Free Software Business Strategy Guide   --->  http://FreeStrategy.info