[DotGNU]Re: Location of tests of System.Net.* classes

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: Location of tests of System.Net.* classes
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:33:00 +1000

Gopal V wrote:

> Hi Rhys.
>         I had commited the System.Net.IPAddress tests cases to
> pnetlib/tests/System ... I thought I'd ask you before adding
> a new dir and forgot ..
>
> So should I remove and add it again as pnetlib/tests/System/Net/
> TestIPAddress.cs ?
>
> Or are we splitting the tests by .dll name ?

I originally envisaged splitting them by functionality/namespace:

    pnetlib/tests/System
    pnetlib/tests/Reflection
    pnetlib/tests/Globalization
    pnetlib/tests/Net
    etc

Each directory would compile down to a separate test .dll.

The "System" directory was probably a naming mistake on my part.
It probably should have been "Basic", to refer to the basic numeric
classes and what-not.

I'm open to suggestions as to a better layout for the tests.