Re: [DotGNU]Uri.cs : silly bugs ...

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Uri.cs : silly bugs ...
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 02:03:30 -0500

Gopal V wrote:
Uri.cs : 724
        private UriAuthority ParseAuthority(String authority)
        {
                UriAuthority retval;
                int interimpos1=0, interimpos2=0;

                interimpos1 = authority.IndexOf('@');
                if (interimpos1 > 0) // there is userinfo
                {
                        retval.userinfo = authority.Substring(0, interimpos1 -
1);

Using without initializing ? (I did get a NullReferenceException here ...)

Jeez...who knew, that one day we would have to initialize stack variables with the new keyword! I just assumed C behavior, silly me.

Something I really miss from C++: automatic default constructors if you don't specify a constructor....

Also the function has no return statement ... please add a correct return
statement (I would have added it , if I knew what that code did ;-)

Oops...when I changed that to an independent function from one that directly modified the values, I forgot the part about it not being void anymore.

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://dotgnu.org

GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
        -- RMS, "GNU Manifesto"