Re: [DotGNU]System.Uri() Buggy

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.Uri() Buggy
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:16:51 -0500

System.Uri buggy? Wow.... ;)

Gopal V wrote:
Hi All,
Just checking something in URI when I noticed this curious thing ... and IndexOutOfRangeException ...

address@hidden Uri]$ cscc -lSystem 1.cs
address@hidden Uri]$ ilrun a.out.exe
Uncaught exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: String range is out of
range
Parameter name: length
        at System.String.Substring(Int32, Int32)
        at System.Uri.Parse()
        at System.Uri..ctor(String, Boolean)
        at System.Uri..ctor(String)
        at UriTest.Main()

Silly me, I forgot to subtract a startIndex from an endIndex...and now I have to clean up my workaround code...

And we are now on CVS version 1.25 of System/Uri.cs ;)

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://dotgnu.org

If you'll think back a few years, the term "pirate" was formerly
applied to publishers that didn't pay the author.  But now it's been
turned completely around. It's now applied to members of the public
who escape from the control of the publisher. It's being used to
convince people that only a nasty enemy of the people would ever do
this forbidden copying. It says that "sharing with your neighbor is
the moral equivalent of attacking a ship."
        -- RMS, "Copyright and Globalization in the Age of Computer
                Networks"