Re: [DotGNU]Re: (pnet & pnetlib) info

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: (pnet & pnetlib) info
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:08:06 -0500

Ritchard Nash wrote:
1) What is the pnet compiler status? When do you plan compiler can do a real compile? What parts forms the pnet package?

I suppose you mean of pnetlib...more on that later

2) What is the status of pnetlib ? for pnetlib when i compile with pnet it says that can't do a real compilation ; when i use mstools it give me a **lot** of errors and exits. So i need some help to understand how to contribute to pnetlib without being able to compile the library.

Well, I've done a little pnetlib w/o MS .NET, so I suggest the following:

1. grab yourself a copy of All.xml as described in HACKING.
2. make sure you've got the csdoc2test from the pnet distrib
3. look through www.dotgnu.org/pnetlib-status/ for a class or whatnot to contribute. 4. run csdoc2stub -fclass=CLASSNAME path/to/All.xml to get a stubset of the class you want to contrib. 5. check the pnetlib-doc you built w/csdoc2html from All.xml for the class, and see what assembly it goes in: mscorlib, System, System.Xml,... 6. run csdoc2test -fclass=CLASSNAME path/to/All.xml to get a csunit-compatible test case 7. write your class, and test cases for it as described in pnetlib/doc/csunit_howto.html 8. once some of this is ready, come back for more because I have to go to class now. ;)

sorry for the crappy HOWTO, see #8

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://dotgnu.org

The GNU GPL is specifically designed to make sure that all
technological innovators, programmers, and software users are given
equal footing. Each high school student, independent contractor, small
business, and large corporation are given an equal chance to
innovate. We all start the race from the same point. Those people with
deep understanding of the software and an ability to make it work well
for others are most likely to succeed, and they do succeed.

That is exactly what the American Way is about, at least the way I
learned it in grade school.
        -- Bradley Kuhn, "The GNU GPL and the American Dream"