Re: `freeing' proprietary software (was Re: [DotGNU]Open Content Network

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: `freeing' proprietary software (was Re: [DotGNU]Open Content Network: Free Software P2P)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 15:06:21 -0400 (EDT)

Richard suffers often from this fate.  He is often very precise in what he
says but people are often much more imprecise in what they read or hear.
Since this was a short quote taken out of context, and because often one
has to look at the full context to understand the precise meaning of what
was said, it is hard to say, but I happen to like your interpretation in
principle, that one should not put themselves in a situation where they
have to choose between copyright and cooperation in the first place.  Of
course, since Richard reads this list, I am sure he will comment if he
feels he has been misquoted or his remarks misinterpreted.

David