[DotGNU]Re: Concept: Forum

From: Silvernerd
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: Concept: Forum
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:20:48 +0200

Hi,

Norbert Bollow wrote:

> The concept of "simultaneous editing" in itself is too obvious
> to be patentable.  Any particular approach to implementing it
> will however probably be patentable, in those countries which
> foolishly allow patents on software "inventions".
>
> ObDisclaimer: IANAL.

Sorry, I'm not good at abbreviations, what does that mean?

> > Note that I haven't done the patent checking yet, I'll leave that up to
> > the project admin.
>
> Didn't you realise that you're on the best way towards becoming
> that project admin? :-)

I've been overthinking my objection against becoming the project admin, which
was never because I don't agree with the guidelines but because I'm quite
inexperienced. Anyway, I found out after some thinking that I would be
prepared  to accept a job as admin if the project goes dual-admin. This would
guarantee a good leadership for the project (especially since I may not be
available all the time, my exam period is almost starting).

Legal questions, assuming I get elected admin I will need to know this :-) :
The guidelines say that the admin should ask every major contributor for
copyright papers, can a 'how-to-assign-copyright' section in a HACKING
file (like in pnet) suffice?
Can a GNU project support dual copyright, I was thinking of assigment of
copyright to both FSF and FreeDevelopers?

--
Silvernerd (Peter Minten)

"Using Linux is like walking over a ray of bricks, not as beautiful, but
a lot more substantial than light."