Re: [DotGNU]Todays +GMT IRC meet -- 06-04-2002

From: Sriram Karra
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Todays +GMT IRC meet -- 06-04-2002
Date: 08 Apr 2002 09:53:15 +0530

Just  a minor cross-cultural point of interest....

James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> writes:

> > * Mike Dupont comes up with a *lot* of doubts on Treecc , and ends
> > up with a small introspector to get the AST tree from a C program
> > . I promise to see how it comes useful.
>
> To restate my praise of the treecc. I think that it is impressive
> and well down. No doubts.

We Indians use "doubt" synonomously with "question".  You should
really read Gopal as saying "Mike Dupont comes up with a *lot* of
questions on Treecc...".

Folks from native english speaking cultures would have interpreted
Gopal as saying "Mike had some really serious issues about the very
feasibility of Treecc ... " kinda thing, which ofcourse is neither
true not what Gopal wanted to say!

With the growing number of Indians participating on this list, I
thought this was an interesting point to bring up :)

--
"Have you ever fought an IDEA, Picard?"
      -- Gowron, Star Trek, TNG