[DotGNU]Pnetlib System.Net + System.Xml status update

From: Silvernerd
Subject: [DotGNU]Pnetlib System.Net + System.Xml status update
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 10:46:10 +0200

Hi folks,

here is the status update for the System.Net namespace:

-- UPDATE --

There is currently a lot of work being done in System.Net and I'm proud
to report that System.Net.Sockets is finished for basic TCP/IP
operation. The runtime implementation of socket functionality is needed
but when that is finished we can send information over the internet (a
milestone for DotGNU I think).

I would like to ask everybody to keep the ChangeLog updated otherwise
things are bound to get a bit messy.

The WebRequest class had some bugs in it, so since I could not find the
author (I created the file first, but the contents of it weren't my
style) I fixed the bugs myself.

There are currently 2 files with bugs in them:

-- HttpWebRequest: Simple bugs, a bit of replace magic did the job at my
place.

-- Uri.cs: Tougher, the bugs here are digged deep inside the code so I
couldn't solve them (btw I never solve bugs in someone else's file).

I got the System assembly compiling at home by replacing some things in
HttpWebRequest and commenting out all implementation in Uri.cs and then
renaming Uri.cs UriThingy.cs (for some reason Uri.cs doesn't get into
the build with CSant).

-- END UPDATE --

And a status update for System.Xml (this isn't technically my namespace,
but I'm the only one working on it so I'll just do this one too):

-- UPDATE --

This is a backup namespace.
Most of the support classes in System.Xml are done.
The reader and writer classes are virtually untouched.

-- END UPDATE --

--
Silvernerd (Peter Minten)

"Using Linux is like walking over a ray of bricks, not as beautiful, but
a lot more substantial than light."