Re: [DotGNU]Introspector Update

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Introspector Update
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 21:57:41 +0530

If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> A tgz of the runnable version of the introspector is
> ready for you.

I had to comment out a few lines of SAXParser to make it
run.

> That will give you a test.i that you can pass to the
> compiler.
> ./cc1 ./test.i

> The introspector will put each function into its own
> file, the globals are for the global definitions.

I noticed that some perl stuff like processfunc.pl were
missing so couldn't test this , but I like the idea of
sorting the functions out.

But I was shocked at the size of the XML output. Python's XML
parser took 3 full minutes to parse out ECMA All.xml (DOM). So
I wouldn't even attempt it on a full scale C program's XML AST.
We really need something other thing other than a python script :(

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success